As tenants, you have the biggest impact in reducing your building’s operating costs and saving energy. You can do your part by following a few simple energy conservation measures and educating your employees about the importance of using energy wisely.
Here are some examples on things you and your employees can do right now to lower energy costs:
- Have task lighting at individual workstations
- Install lighting occupancy sensors to automatically turn off lights
- Install power strips or smart strips to eliminate vampire loads & switch power off when not in use
- Turn off equipment, computers, printers, TVs, power strips and lights when leaving office
- Install ENERGY STAR Equipment